Friday, September 18, 2009

Rain, rain go away







After several years of drought, it's probably not wise to complain about rain.



Lord knows we need it.



But we've had a lot of rain this summer and many of our freshwater lakes and streams are pretty full.



I was on Lake Manatee Tuesday and did really well. But when I returned Wednesday, things had changed. I caught a lot of fish, but the quality of the day prior wasn't there. And the action stopped suddenly at about 11 a.m.



At first I couldn't figure it out. But then I noticed current ... and a lot of it. Seems as if water from upriver was finally making its way into the lake. And as soon as the current increased, the fish stopped biting.



My totals included 40 bluegill, three shellcracker, a tilapia, stumpknocker and three channel cats. The cats weighed in at 4, 8 and 10 pounds.



Productive flies were No. 10 popper and No. 10 nymph (under strike indicator).

No comments:

Post a Comment