Wednesday, September 16, 2009




I'm going to be speaking at a couple of upcoming events that are geared for fly fishers.


I'll be speaking at The Art of Fly Fishing Festival Oct. 3 at the Andy Thornal Company in Winter Haven and at the Florida Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers' annual Conclanve Oct. 23-24 at the Ramada Inn in Celebration.


Both events should be on every fly fisher's schedule.


I'll be speaking about kayak fishing and, in particular, freshwater kayak fishing. I'll give a Power Point presenation on Fly Fishing for the Florida Exotics.


There will be a wealth of knowlege at each function. Well-known guides and experts from throughout the state and country will be on hand.


I talked with Allen Wyatt of Andy Thornal's today and he is excited about the event. He told me there will be a 100-foot casting pond. Not only will those in attendance be able to try out their favorite fly rod, but also I will demonstrate how to stand in and pole a kayak.


Hours for The Art of Fly Fishing Festival are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Andy Thornal's is located at 336 Magnolia Ave., SW in Winter Haven. Phone number is (863) 299-9999.


Although both events are designed for the fly angler, anyone can attend. And the neat thing is that if you're not a fly fisher, you'll be able to pick up information that will help you in your spin-fishing endeavors.


Fishing knowlege is fishing knowlege.


Among the experts scheduled to speak are Capt. Frank Catino, Capt. Dan Malzone, Capt. Rick Grassett, Capt. Keiland Smith, Capt. Brian Clancy, Capt. Jon Bull, Bill Howard and Leigh West. George Kremer will be tying bass flies.


The two-day Florida FFF Conclave will feature a variety of speakers. I'll list them as soon as I get more information.


If you have any questions concering the conclave, email Pete Greenan at captpete@floridaflyfishing.com. Or you can call me at (941) 284-3406 and I'll try to help.


I also will be speaking at the Lakewood Ranch Anglers Club on Oct. 5. More details as I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment