Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photography
















I like to take pictures. Sometimes I'll spend more time taking pictures than I do fishing. But that's OK.





A wise old professional photographer gave me some sage advice years ago: Film is cheap. So burn a lot of film and you might screw up and get a good picture.





In this digital age, we can take a lot of photos. And that advice is still true.





The real secret to taking a good picture is being able to visualize the composition. I've got a decent eye and I think I know what make a good picture.





I really don't like posed photos, but sometimes you have to take them. One thing I've noticed is that when I take photos of men holding fish, they won't smile. Guess it's a macho thing.





When I'm out in the kayak, I use a Sony Cybershot, a versatile camera that retails for about $350. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment