Friday, August 21, 2009

Late Success Saves the Day




Another tough day -- but only for a while.


Took my friend Rick Grassett of Sarasota and we got into the fish early. However, they were very spooky. It was frustrating. I was ready to head home at about 11 a.m.


But a funny thing happened on the way: We found loads of fish. They weren't easy, but we managed to land a few.


Rick was the first to hook up. He landed a 20-incher on his night snook fly. I got in on the act a few minutes later with a 23-incher. My hand turned hot and I landed four more in the next hour. My big fish -- the fourth of my five -- was a 27-incher.


We saw maybe a half dozen really big snook, but had no takers.


We joined up with Bob Parker, president of the Mangrove Coast Fly Fishers in Sarasota. We had a good time.


The bite wasn't the best, but still it was a good day.


Rick, Bob and I had lunch at Bogey's in Venice.


Good company, good times and good beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment