Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Goals for 2016: more fly fishing and a lot of different species

There are permit in Sarasota Bay, and my goal for 2016 is to catch one.
With the new year upon us, it's time to set some realistic  -- and attainable -- goals.

One goal that immediately comes to mind is to do more fly fishing.  I love to fly fish, but don't do it nearly enough. I've made a concerted effort to do more and have done so since last summer. I've only spin-fished on a few occasions.

With that in mind, here are my fishing goals by species:

SALT WATER
Spotted seatrout: 500
Redfish, 50
Snook, 100
Tarpon, 10
Pompano, 20
Flounder, 25
Jack crevalle, 30
Shark, 20
Cobia, 1
Spanish mackerel, 10
Bluefish, 20
Permit, 1
False albacore (little tunny), 1
Tripletail, 1
Kingfish, 1

FRESH WATER
Largemouth bass, 100
Oscar, 150
Mayan cichlid, 50
Bluegill, 500
Shellcracker, 15
Stumpknocker, 30
Channel catfish, 20
Speckled perch, 20
Sunshine bass, 1
Suwannee bass, 1

As I catch different species, I will keep count and remove them from my list as I reach each goal. I think my goals are realistic and not too difficult.

I will write about my progress or lack thereof from time to time through this blog.

All of my fishing will be done via kayak or wading.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment