Friday, September 18, 2009

Bishop Harbor blast







With the local lakes and streams up because of rain, I decided to head out on the salt.



Didn't have the foggiest idea where, but I wanted a change.



I finally decided to try Bishop Harbor off southern Tampa Bay.



Good choice.



Launched shortly after daylight and paddled toward the east shoreline. Water is shallow there and there are several mangrove islands. Noticed a lot of mullet around, a good indication.



I caught six snook, 10 spotted seatrout and a nice redfish before the action subsided.



Around 11 a.m., I paddled out the harbor mouth and into Tampa Bay. I love to fish the sand bar that runs east to west.



Caught several spotted seatrout and a 4-pound pompano.



On the way back to the launch, I managed seveal spotted seatrout, mangrove snapper, ladyfish and jack crevalle.

No comments:

Post a Comment